San Diego’s Premier Boutique Family Law Firm
Your Family. Your Future. Our Focus.
Guiding Families through complex matters for over three decades.
Elizabeth M. Brown
Elizabeth Brown is a certified specialist in family law with a practice emphasizing a team approach. As a mediator Ms. Brown sits as a neutral to work with parties seeking resolution outside of court. As a Collaboratively Trained attorney she supports clients through a complete out of court process to resolve matters.
Ms. Brown is a California native and admitted to the California bar in 2000. In 2004 she joined Mrs. Lowenstein’s practice as an associate attorney limiting her practice exclusively to family law. She became a partner of Lowenstein Brown, APLC in January of 2009. She now is the sole owner of the firm and lead attorney. In 2012, Elizabeth Brown was named one of the TOP attorneys in San Diego county by The San Diego Daily Transcript. Over her fifteen years of family law practice she prides herself in finding innovative solutions for her clients. She has experience not only representing clients in court, but also through alternative dispute resolution models such as four way meetings, the use of a special master, and private judging. Liz understands that divorce is an extremely difficult time and assists her client’s with compassion and advocacy in the resolution of their matters.
Liz received a B.A. in Social Welfare and Political Science from the University of California, Berkeley in 1994. Liz received her J.D. from California Western School of Law in 1999. While attending law school Liz was active in the Public Interest Law Foundation serving as President and assisting in developing a grants program for students in pro bono internships. Liz was the recipient of the Alec L. Cory Scholarship for outstanding Pro Bono Service as well as the Foundation of the State Bar of California Scholarship. During law school she held internship positions in the practice areas of juvenile law and criminal law.
Following law school Liz served as a Peace Corps Volunteer in the Kingdom of Tonga. While living and working overseas Liz advocated for youth through grassroots projects and assisted in grant writing. As a volunteer she embraced the culture and traditions of Tonga, learned the language, and assisted in building a solid relationship with the people she lived and worked with. She now is busy with her practice and family raising her two children and volunteering through Boy Scouts of America, Girls Scouts San Diego, and Navajo Softball League.
- California, 2000
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Family Law Specialist (CLS-F), California Board of Legal Specialization, 2015
- California State Bar, Member
- Family Law Section of the California State Bar, Member
- SDFLBA, Member
- Named One of the Top Attorneys in San Diego County by The San Diego Daily Transcript
- Peace Corps Volunteer, Kingdom of Tonga
- Alumni Member, California Alumni Association, UC Berkeley
- Member, San Diego Peace Corps Association
- Girl Scouts Volunteer, 2016 to Present
- Boy Scouts of America Leader/Volunteer, 2017 to Present
- Cub Scout Leader, 2014 to 2017
- President, Public Interest Law Foundation, 1998 to 1999
- California Western School of Law, San Diego, California
- J.D. - 1999
- Honors: President, Public Interest Law Foundation
- Honors: Alec L. Cory Scholarship for outstanding Pro Bono Service, 1999
- Honors: Foundation of the State Bar of California Scholarship
- University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, California
- B.A. - 1994
- Major: Social Welfare and Political Science
- U.S. Peace Corps, Volunteer, 2001 to 2003
- Family Law
- SDPCA Newsletter Editor, 2004-2006
- The Legal Business of Motherhood, SD Family Magazine, 2010
Current Employment Positions